Become a member
Welcome to Gower Women's Surf Society!
After piloting (winging) the running of a surf group in 2022, in 2023 we launched as an official surf club! This means that we are members of the National Governing Body for surfing in Wales, the Welsh Surf Federation or WSF.
What does this mean for you?
As more and more women have joined us in this huge wave of growing the surf community around the Gower and beyond, the safety and security of hosting events in and around the water has been at the forefront of our minds.
Membership cost is £15 per annum. Please be aware that membership years run from now until June 30th 2024. You are able to purchase a membership at any point in the year, but please be aware that due to insurance purposes, you will be required to repurchase in June 2024 for the year starting July 1st 2024- June 2025.
Once we've registered you on the WSF portal, you'll get an email from the WSF with your account details and membership number. Once a month, we'll send out welcome emails and welcome packs in the post with links to all the discount codes 🤑
While majority of the £15 GWS membership fee means that you (and us!) will have insurance cover from WSF, the fee will also make a very small contribution to the financial sustainability of running our events (gas, teas, coffees, baked goods, name tags, signage etc).
We understand a lot of people who are visiting the Gower only 'drop in' to our events at their own risk so for the core community, we kindly ask you to become a member after you've attended 2 of our events. This is to ensure our members are safe and fully insured when in the water with us, be that on Gower or beyond. For monitoring and safety purposes we'll also be running a sign in and out sheet during our monthly surf meets.
How do I become a member?
1. Read this page (woo - nearly there!)
2. Complete our membership form (essential)
3. Pay for your membership through our shop (also essential)
4. Receive your welcome email with membership perks!
5. You are welcome to read our Club Constitution, Safeguarding Policy and Code of Conduct.
What are the perks of becoming a GWS member?
- Third party insurance cover provided by the Welsh Surfing Federation for surfing in the UK, around the world (ex US and AUS) including indoor wave parks eg The Wave, Bristol.
- Membership of the Welsh Surfing Federation (£30pp if joining individually)
- Early bird & priority access to our events (including bookings for our monthly surf socials)
- Access to opportunities such as funded courses (eg. SLSGB Lifeguard, Surf Instructor and Skate Coach)
- Early bird & priority access to socials
- Access, insurance and ability to compete in surf competitions across the UK
- Access to pre-ordering merch with GWS
- Membership sticker
- Access to exclusive community giveaways (eg. Win a Winter Wetsuit sponsored by Wetsuit Outlet)
- Access to our list of discount codes and discounts with suppliers including:
-Hotdog Surf Shop
-Fall Bay Designs
-Log Fin Co
Still have questions?
Feel free to visit our FAQs page which might help clear up any queries you have.
As ever, thank you for your continued support and spreading the stoke!
See you in the water.
- Tirion x